Custom More Link Complete WordPress Plugin is the plugin that helps you customize the read more link (`<!– more –>`) provided by WordPress ‘insert more link’ feature without changing template files. Just activate the plugin, change the link structure in the options panel, save.
With this plugin you can:
- remove the #more-number anchor tag from the link
- remove or modify the CSS class
- add a nofollow attribute
- customize the markup adding additional tags
- add the title to read more link. you can customize the title to your necessities.
- everything you want to do
It combines the power and flexibility of 2 of the best plugins existing for this purpose, with some personal bug fixes and improvements.
== Update January 2012 ==
I made a change in the regex according to Gerobe’s feedback. Thanks!
In the custom link structure you an use the following tags:
- %permalink% – the permalink provided by WordPress
- %anchor% – the anchortext provided by WordPress (default ‘#more-number’)
- %class% – the CSS class provided by WordPress (default ‘more-link’)
- %linktext% – the linktext as delivered by WordPress
- %title% – the article title (customizable)
== Installation ==
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
1. Download the plugin from WordPress.org
2. Upload directory `custom-more-link-complete` to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
3. Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
4. Edit more-link structure according to your needs in Settings -> Custom More Link Complete
== Localization ==
For now you can find in the languages folder the English .po and .mo file and the Romanian translation (dl_custom_more_link_complete-ro_RO.po, dl_custom_more_link_complete-ro_RO.mo). If you have more translations to include in the following releases, please send them on my email: email@example.com
== Changelog ==
= 1.3.1 =
* Removed CHANGELOG file
= 1.3 =
* Now the default pattern for more-link is optimized to contain the title attibute.
* Added the default pattern as plain text to make it easy to compare with the original pattern (just in case it is needed).
* Updated language files (English and Romanian) to include the updated labels.
= 1.2 =
* Updated minor texts and updated regex of Gerobe’s feedback. Thanks!
= 1.1 =
* Update for latest WordPress release (3.3.1)
= 1.0 =
* First version released.
Complete CHANGELOG file included in plugin package.
== Screenshots ==
== Thanks to ==
The plugin is based on the plugin Custom More Link by Michael Weingaertner (http://cywhale.de) and has elements of More Link Modifier by Peggy Kuo (http://psychopyko.com).
Thanks to Gerobe for feedback. I thank to J. Hammock & Associates, LLC (hammock.net) for the donation they made, it was a pleasant reminder to keep updating and testing this great plugin.